As EU Member States develop National Energy and Climate Plans (NECPs), IOGP examined their drafts to assess the attitudes of Member States towards solutions provided by the oil and gas industry.
LOL外围网站The draft NECPs were submitted by Member States at the end of 2018. The drafts are currently being revised, and final NECPs are due to be submitted to the European Commission by the end of 2019.
What do the draft NECPs tell us?
- The draft NECPs should set out the direction of national objectives and policies to align with the objectives of the Energy Union – in particular the 2030 targets.
- The draft NECPs should cover the period 2021-2030, including a perspective until 2050 to ensure consistency with long-term objectives.
- The draft NECPs do not always give a full picture of future energy mixes, nor do they reflect the full range of national policies planned or in place.
IOGP assessed attitudes in draft NECPs towards:
- Oil and gas domestic exploration and production (E&P)
- The use of natural gas
- The use of oil
- Carbon capture and storage (CCS)